The distillery has a mini-still, which is used for making small batches of gin from different recipes. The recipe for Broker's Gin is 200 years old and was chosen after taste-testing against several newer recipes. Often the old ones are the best ones.
- The base spirit for Broker's Gin is quadruple-distilled pure grain spirit made from English wheat.
- The flavour is provided by ten natural botanicals, the primary one of which is juniper berries – as in all gins.
- The botanicals are steeped - soaked - in the base spirit in the still for 24 hours.
- This is the first part of the flavour-infusion process.
- The still is then fired up for the final, fifth distillation, which completes the process.
The botanicals used in Broker's Gin and their sources are:
Dried botanicals are sourced from all over the world and shipped to the distillery in sacks.
- Juniper berries- Macedonia
- Coriander seed - Bulgaria
- Orris root- Italy
- Nutmeg- India
- Cassia bark - Indonesia
- Cinnamon - Seychelles
- Liquorice - Italy
- Orange peel - Spain
- Lemon peel - Spain
- Angelica root - Poland
Brokers Pink Premium Gin
Broker's Pink Gin is a delicate infusion of our multi-award-winning gin with natural strawberry flavours.
We have crafted an intensely smooth, complex and refreshing gin that brings out the subtly nuanced aromas from our traditional hand-selected botanicals, and marries them with the wonderful summer fruit flavour of strawberry.
Alcohol Proof: 40% abv
Still: Cooper Kettle Still
Bottle size: 750-70 cl, litre
Country: United Kingdom
Charactor: On the basis of the often awarded excellent London Dry Gin with natural strawberry flavours. Extremely gentle, complex and refreshing, with very discreet nuances and flavours of hand selected, finest herbs, spices and fruits, together with marvellously fruity, summery strawberry smell
Drink Recommendation: Perfect with a zest of your favored citrus fruit, a lot of ice, tonic water and a fresh strawberry.
The Distillery: The 200 years old distillery located in the heart of England uses only traditional pot stills. They are better than column stills for extracting maximum flavor from the botanicals in a traditional hand-crafted fashion. Produced from the finest herbs, spices and fruits imported from three different a continents. A valuable mixture of natural and well-chosen ingredients.